I just have to share a little project I have been working on! This is a special family of people who believe in passing along good in the world. Their ringleader is none other than the inventor and founder of Medtronic, Dr. Earl Bakken who has become a good friend over these years of the project and lives on the Big Island. Earl's vision was to rally inspiring people living with devises that have dedicated to do something incredible with their "extra life" they have been given and share that story with the rest of the world. Here is a peek at the honorees this year. It is indeed a highlight of the year and an absolute honor to retell their story through my images.
This clan of fantastic females in the Weum family gladly welcomed another great guy in Rob. Everyone loves Robert. He has the right amount of golf obsession to make any guy fall in love with him. And one girl in particular named Kim. These two are a perfect compliment to one another and personally just have had a riot getting to know them better over the past year. Kimberly was a flawless definition of beauty in her mermaid-fit dress as she shed happy tears reading Rob's sweet words to her that morning. This wedding had it all, from kids breakdancing to a bride and groom break to watch the PGA on their home couch, even a guy named Damien (all in attendance knows the A-game he brings to any family event). The Depot Minneapolis gave us special access to clean, warm-weather ice before skaters took over the rink on this brisk wintery day downtown. I adore you both and can't wait to hear the adventures you will go on. Take me with you!
When the grass turns green and the sun peeks out, it marks the start of our busy Engagement Session season. It is an important time to get warmed up with the camera and spend more time with me, Andrew, as I see it pay huge dividends on the wedding day. I put together some helpful pieces of advice for you:
1. Relax and don't over-think it. Be your playful selves and wear clothes you would normally go out in.
2. Be sweet the night before! Take a night off from planning, do dinner, write your vows, or just be intentional. Coming straight from work can present challenges connecting with one another. Positive vibes from the night before, sweet texts, or notes around the house the day of your session can really get the mojo flowing in the right direction.
3. Props can be a fun addition. Think of something quirky you both like, silly hats you wear, what you do in your free time, what teams you cheer for, or things you laugh out loud about. You can’t go wrong with laughter!
4. Glam it up! Some of our couples like to get hair styled, but even think about doing a trial make-up run.
5. Beware of over-tanning. Remember, natural is beautiful and no one wants to look orange on camera.
6. What about pets? Animals in our lives can either be a fun compliment or an attention stealer. Focusing on each other is a lost art form in our busy lives, but a pet is welcome to make a cameo.
7. Make it a date. Extend the fun and turn the time into a memorable and intentional date night or lunch out. I am a huge foodie and dig giving recommendations on places you can explore.
8. Share your favorite 20 with us! How do YOU see your love story? Make a favorites folder in your online Engagement Gallery and post a collection to Facebook, tagging "Vick Photography". We love seeing your favorites and learn a lot that helps prepare for the big day!
9. Stylish Guestbook? Ask about our brand new custom Art Guest Book, highlighting and enlarging your best moments on professional HD paper.
Session times are available weekdays and select evening hours; plan on 1-2 hours depending on your session choice. Please schedule your session 2-4 weeks before your desired date.
Select from our 3 session options:
In Studio: Meet me at the Living Room Studios and discover some local surrounding areas to play
On Location: You choose a favorite location around the Twin Cities area and I will meet you there! Inquire about ideas as I love to customize it to fit your relationship story.
Destination Engagement: Choose your own adventure! I will jump on a plane to meet you in your hometown, favorite city, or exotic destination you have always wanted to explore. Select fly dates available; call our studio for more information.
Let the fun begin! Call the studio Monday - Thursday from 10-5pm or email our studio manager Susan at email@example.com
See you soon friends!
Lead Photographer at Vick Photography
I drew the long straw obviously and got to pack my camera bags for Costa Rica. This adventure started over fifteen years ago with Ali's senior photos, then a gregarious high schooler with dreams of the future. We didn't know at that time just how adventure would be laced into every stop in life, taking her to Tanzania with the Peace Corp and meeting her Duncan along the way. With his southern swag, Ducan has a way of lulling you in a way that a strong swaying sun-protecting palm anchoring your hammock makes you feel. He knew early on life would never be dull with Ali Jones. Her kitten-like curiosity and conviction in the world is inspiring and contagious. So captivating these two are together that they can convince nearly fifty adrenaline-seeking family and friends into joining them to celebrate their marriage in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Jaco's reputation of being a lazy beach and surfer town by day that comes alive at night, plays perfectly into Ali & Duncan's DNA. On this day, Ali's beauty left Duncan speechless. From our rooftop in Jaco, to exploring the old castle-like surroundings of Villa Caletas nearby, we played and laughed and even pinched ourselves trying to take in the spectacle all around us. My wife, Janelle, of White Confetti had worked hard to get all the pieces in place for a seamless day for all. The ceremony's beautiful setting may have only been trumped by her brother Kip's heart-felt words of hope as he united the couple. Tears and sweat ran together on the faces of all on hand, and late into the night before the buses shuttled all back off the mountain top (literally and figuratively). This Love Adventure left its mark, even in the form of the tattoo artist that came to the hotel to help record this story on guest's skin. Others found it tattooed forever on their hearts, the Vicks included. Tupo Jaco!